Our conveyor runs through vegetable washer cutter conveyors systems. The flighted cleats on the conveyors belt have leeks positioned between them which are conveyed through a washing zone then on towards the cutting zone to be trimmed to size. There are many different variations & manufacturers of modular conveyors belting. Over the years we have used several different makes, but have found Intralox to be the best product for wear and tear & service for replacement parts.
This conveyor/elevator is used to present leeks to a weighing machine and is positioned after our leek washer cutter. The benefit of this type of modular conveyor belting is its open surface area, which allows the water from the product to disipate and not be transferred into the weigher or bagging machine
- This conveyor/elevator is 6 metres long x 100mm wide x 2 metres high
- This machine was built in 2010
The radius modular conveyor above is used to transfer bottles from a label machine to a rotary table.
- This conveyor is 3.5 metres long x 200mm wide x 900mm high complete with a 45 degree bend
- This machine was built in 2013
The advantages to using modular conveyor belting are:
- Easy to clean
- Easy to install
- Easy to replace
- Easy to modify
- Allows water to pass through it
- Can be used on radius conveyors
- There are lots of different variations and add on options available